Mortgages. Work Deadlines. Family Life. Parking Tickets. Exhaustion. Errands. Daily life stresses will always be a part of our existence, however it is up to us on how we cope. Luckily, mediation is a great way to deal with all that life throws our way! For thousands of years many have used meditation to help move beyond stress inducing thoughts, situations and emotions and help aid them to become more peaceful, self-aware and tranquil versions of themselves.
Let’s jump right in and explore all that meditation can do for you!
What are the Benefits of Mediation?
- Increases serotonin production that helps improves mood and behavior
- Helps improve the immune system
- Increases the energy levels, as you gain an inner source of energy
- Aids in restful sleep
- Helps improve breathing and heart rates
- Meditation sharpens the mind by gaining focus and expands through relaxation
- Helps increase memory retention and recall
- Helps ignore distractions while improving clarity
- Increases creative thinking abilities
- Lessens worry, anxiety and impulsivity
- Increases optimism, relaxation and awareness
- Improves your mood and emotional intelligence
- The benefit of gaining clarity and peace of mind
Did you know: Researchers at the Massachusetts General Hospital uncovered that participating in an 8 week meditation program appeared to make measurable changes in brain regions associated with memory, sense of self, empathy and stress.
"It is fascinating to see the brain’s plasticity and that, by practicing meditation, we can play an active role in changing the brain and can increase our well-being and quality of life.” says Britta Hölzel. Click here to read the full article, it’s fascinating!
Let us know below if you have tried meditation, or are willing to give it a shot!