With 2020 behind us and with 2021 almost down, it is important to remember that we all need time to take a step back and focus on ourselves! Life is busy and at times can feel uncertain. Therefore, we often forget to take the time to be the best versions of ourselves! The good news is that “self-care” doesn’t have to be hard. We’ve got four tips below on how you can get started today!
1.) A Warm Bath
This one is an oldie, but a goodie and it’s totally free! So turn off your phone, step away from your laptop, turn off the lights, and set up some candles! Soaking in a warm bath is a great way to unwind, help reduce stress, a natural way to help induce a peaceful slumber and as an added bonus you will smell ah-mazing!
• TIP: To have softer skin use our Body Exfoliating Mitten. It is great for fake tan removal, removing dead skin, and helping with circulation.
2.) Self Care DIY Day
Let’s be honest. A day at the spa can be expensive and right now not possible, so why not have a self-care DIY day instead!
• Learn how to use a Gua Sha facial tool!
• An at-home manicure and pedicure
• Indulge in a face mask: try our Moringa mask recipe. This mask is great for mask-ne!
- Mix a handful of Moringa powder with a small amount of water to form a smooth paste. Apply evenly on your face as a mask and leave on for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse off warm water for beautiful glowing skin!
3.) Take a Mental Break!
Sometimes self-care isn’t what you do, but also what you don’t do. Due to social media, multiple platforms, group chats, and the news we are constantly exposed to a steady stream of headlines that can affect your mentally and emotionally. It is important to stay informed, however at times it is important to take a self-care mental break. Whether that is not checking your Instagram feed first thing in the morning and drinking a glass of water instead. Or, instead of reading your news app to a self-help book- we could all do with breaks in terms of continuous information.
4.) Take a Nap
Sometimes the simplest way is the best way. We’ve had a lot on your plate from the past week, month or even year- you probably feel more exhausted than usual so just take a nap! Aim for about 20 minutes- cat naps are the way to go!