Use code: Welcome20
With Halloween around the corner, why not have some fun on the spooooookiest day of the year with this easy cookie recipe with an Avazera twist.
- 1 tbsp. of Avazera's Organic Raw Cacao Powder
- 1 tbsp. of Avazera's Baobab Powder
- 500g of flour
- 250g of margarine, or your preferred dairy-free substitute
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp. of coconut sugar, or your choice of sweetener
- 2 tsp. of vanilla
- 1 tsp. of lemon juice
- 1 tsp. of lemon zest
- a bat cookie cutter
- for the eyes you can be creative: sprinkles, raisins, cranberries - it's up to you!
1. Using a hand-held mixer beat the margarine until it becomes fluffy
2. Add in the sugar along with the vanilla sugar and mix in well
3. Next, add in one whole egg and combine the ingredients
4. Now, add in either Avazera's organic raw cacao or baobab powder to give these cookies an extra boost of nutrition and flavour!
5. Lastly, tablespoon by tablespoon stir in your flour. First add in one tablespoon, mix it well before moving onto the next tablespoon. Continue to do this until all of the flour is well combined in the cookie mixture
6. Take the dough and transfer it to a large work surface and start kneading it by hand
7. Now once that is completed, place saran wrap around the dough and put it in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to chill
8. Roll out the dough to be 5 mm in depth and use your bat cookie cutter
9. Place your cookies on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and aim to have them 1 cm apart
10. Place them in the oven at 350°F for around 10 minutes: please note that these cookies do bake fast. The top of the cookie should stay a light colour without any browning of it's surface
11. Once baked, remove from the tray and set aside to let them cool and firm up
12. Now you can decorate your bats whichever way you like
See? Halloween doesn't have to be filled with scary treats where you can't pronounce the ingredients! Let us know below if you will be giving this recipe a try.