Zucchini noodles are a healthy alternative to pasta! However, we took regular pesto and added our organic Moringa and Spirulina for an added boost or nutrients.
- ½ tsp. Avazera organic Moringa and Spirulina
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil
- Water, as needed
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 2-3 zucchinis, spiralized
- If the zucchini is organic you may leave the skin on, if not peel prior. You can also buy pre-spiralized zucchini for your convenience!
- 1.) In a food processor or blender, combine the avocado, garlic, Moringa, Spirulina, basil leaves, lemon juice, and oil until smooth.
- 2.) Add water, one tablespoon at a time, until the sauce reaches a fluid, yet thick consistency.
- 3.) Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 4.) Next, sauté the noodles with one tablespoon of coconut oil on the stove over medium to high heat until soft and bright green. The noodles should be ready in under 5 minutes. Be sure to drain the excess water.
- 5.) In a large bowl, toss the noodles with the prepared sauce. Note: you may not need all the sauce, so add as much sauce to your liking or as needed.
- 6.) Keep the leftover sauce in a jar and put it in the refrigerator for next time!