Satisfy your holiday sweet tooth with our soft and chewy MacNut cookie recipe! What makes these cookies even more special, is that they are simple to put together and bake in a flash. Making them perfect to have the kids help out and for Santa's treat this year!
- 1 tbsp. Avazera Baobab powder
- ⅓ cup Avazera's organic Wild Jungle Nuts, chopped
- ¼ - ⅓ cup unsweetened almond or cashew milk
- ⅔ cups gluten-free oat flour
- ½ cups almond meal
- ¼ tsp. pink Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp. aluminum-free baking soda
- ⅓ cup coconut sugar
- ⅓ cup raw macadamia nuts, chopped
- ¼ cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- 1 tsp. of pure vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp. coconut oil, melted
- 1.) Preheat oven to 380 ºF.
- 2.) In a big bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix well. In a smaller bowl, combine all the wet ingredients and mix well.
- 3.) Add the wet into the dry ingredients and form a ball. You might need to add more cashew and almond milk or more flour to obtain a wet, but firm dough.
- 4.) Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Make little balls from the dough and flatten onto the baking sheet.
- 5.) Bake for seven to ten minutes, or until they’ve spread out and look undercooked. They will continue cooking when removed from the oven.
- 6.) Store if you don’t want to eat them all at once!
- 7.) TIP: Melting coconut oil- if you prefer not to use a microwave to melt it, you can improvise by using a double boiler. Take one pot of water and bring it to a boil. Before it boils, place either a pot or a heat-safe bowl on top. The heat from the boiling water underneath will melt your coconut oil!