When it comes to a healthy lifestyle, what you put on your body is just as important as what you put in your body. Your skin is the largest organ and it is porous- meaning it absorbs whatever it is placed on it. Therefore, in today’s blog post team Avazera is sharing three do-it-yourself superfood face masks to help get you beautiful, calm and glowing skin the natural way.
Treat yourself here!
Superfood Face Masks to The Rescue
1. The Green Goddess
Spirulina, a blue-green algae superstar that provides plenty of benefits for your skin! It is packed with antioxidants, high-quality protein (plant-based), and large concentrations of vitamins and minerals to help perk up your skin:
- it can help ward off free radicals
- eliminate toxins from the skin
- increase skin metabolism to enable faster skin cell turnover allowing healing to occur
- helps eliminate acne-causing bacteria
- helps soothe and calm irritated skin
- 2 tbsp. of Avazera’s spirulina
- 1 ½ tbsp. of filtered water
DIRECTIONS: Simply mix the spirulina and water into a thick paste and apply liberally over freshly cleansed skin. This mask can be left on for around 20 minutes, before washing off with warm water! Follow up with a moisturizer. This mask can be used 1-3 times per week.
2. The Glow
Chocolate that’s actually good for your skin? Believe it! Raw cacao is supercharged with magnesium, antioxidants, sulfur, calcium and so much more chocolate-y goodness that your skin needs to shine:
- helps to reduce inflammation
- promotes healthy cell growth
- enables the skin to repair itself
- fights against free radicals
- clay: helps to draw out impurities from the skin
- green tea: offers additional antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits
DIRECTIONS: Mix in a small bowl the ingredients. Apply with your fingertips, avoiding the eye area completely and leave on for 20 minutes. Rinse off completely and follow with a moisturizer. This mask can be used 1-3 times per week. *Always use non-metal bowls and utensils when using any clay.
3. The Feeling Beautiful
Moringa, also known as “The Miracle Tree” has tremendous natural multipurpose abilities including making your skin stand out! It is loaded with antioxidants, omega-3, and a variety of vitamins and minerals- your skin will thank you as:
- it can help address anti-aging concerns, fight free-radicals and rejuvenate skin
- it can help prevent blemishes when used regularly
- it helps minimize dark spots and hyper-pigmentation
- it reduces inflammation and contributes to healthy cell production
- 2 tbsp. of Avazera’s moringa
- 1 tbsp. of filtered water
DIRECTIONS: Mix the moringa and water into a paste and apply liberally over freshly cleansed skin. This mask can be left on for around 20 minutes, before washing with warm water! Follow up with a moisturizer. This mask can be used 1-3 times per week.
These masks are so simple and easy to make, best of all since they are diy superfood face masks- you know what is inside. Let us know below if you will be incorporating more natural products within your beauty regime! We recommend spot testing all masks on the back of your hand before use. If irritation occurs, do not apply to your face. When applying the mask, make sure you avoid your eyes and other sensitive areas. If you have a sensitive skin condition, allergies, cuts or abrasions on your skin we don't recommend trying these masks.