Happy Tuesday all! It is the start of another beautiful week around the sun. Can you think of any better way to ease into our weekly routines and set a positive tone than with a relaxing cup of tea? So choose whichever tea that tickles your fancy and add the most important ingredient of all hot water! On our end we selected to go green with green tea. However, if you aren’t yet on team green, this may be the week to start.
So let’s dig a bit deeper into this “hot” item and let’s explore the cupful of benefits green tea can provide for all of us!
Why Green Tea?
1. Weight Loss:T-minus 40 days, 1 hour, 2 minutes, and 14 seconds until summer finally begins. But, who’s counting? Did you know that green tea is more than just a hot, flavoured drink-it’s a marvel in a mug. It is proven to contain antioxidants and just what your body needs to burn its fat to help fuel you. That’s right, sip up, slim down!
2. Glowing Skin: When it comes to healthy looking skin, what you put in your body matters more than what you put on it. It all comes back to that famous saying, repeat after us. “You are what you eat”. Perfect! However, in this case it is “you are what you drink”, let’s not forget! In terms of fighting dreaded blemishes green tea has the ability to lower an acne producing hormone known as DHT, or if we want to really get fancy – dihydrotestosterone.
3. Oral Health: Who wouldn’t want to be the person whose smile lights up an entire room? It’s because one smile can make all the difference in the world. In order to keep your pearly whites happy you need to be smile smart! Green tea helps protect against cavities, plaque, tooth decay and even fights bad breath. If you are reaching to take another sip of your green tea celebrate, because you are on your way to better overall dental health and tea-th!
4. Immunity Booster: Okay this is a mouthful but green tea contains epigallocatechin gallate, however for simplicity we’ll call it EGCG. This substance is what makes green tea the perfect immune system boosting drink. Between fighting bacteria and preventing viruses from multiplying it will make your immune system and yourselves unstoppable!
5. Luscious Locks: Rapunzel, Rapunzel let your hair down! If you want shiny, gorgeous hair, really who doesn’t? -then you should incorporate green tea into your shower routine. Hear us out! Green tea contains Vitamin E and Vitamin C and other good stuff known to stimulate hair growth and keep it soft. In no time you will be ready to let your hair down!
Avazera Tip: Make a green tea rinse by placing 3-4 tablespoons in half a liter of water and use this water after you have used your favourite shampoo and conditioner.
An apple a day- no…a cup of green tea a day may keep the doctor away! It’s because when you drink tea, you are inviting positive changes into your life. So sip your way to better health! We would love to know which tea you choose to help you in starting off your week just right-pinkies up! And before we part for today, please subscribe to our blog so you don’t miss out on any goodies we have in store for you!